Shavuot is almost here! This holiday celebrates the date the Jews received the Torah and one of the most common ways to enjoy the holiday is with food and desserts made of milk and honey. Why milk and honey? There is a passage in the Torah promising Israel, the “land flowing with milk and honey” (Exodus 3:8) to the Israelites. King Solomon also wrote that the Torah was like “milk and honey are under your tongue” (Song of Songs 4:11). Eretz chalav u’dvash! But why should you leave these treats to only one holiday of the year? Keep reading for a list of ways to incorporate the sweetness of milk and honey into your wedding day. 1. We love this take on a cheese plate adorned with beautiful lavender flowers for the wedding reception. The top tier of brie cheese would even be more delicious drizzled with honey!
2. Love cheesecake? This might be the perfect wedding cake for you! We’re drooling over the alternating tiers of strawberry and chocolate hazelnut toppings.
3. Maybe an ice cream truck is more your style. This classic frozen dairy treat is perfect for a summer wedding.
4. If an ice cream truck wouldn’t work with your venue, you can still incorporate your love of this sweet dessert into your big day. Isn’t this ice cream wedding cake adorable?!
5. For a summer wedding, this Iced Tea with Honey Lemon Ginger Ice Cubes would be a perfect and refreshing pre-ceremony treat.
6. Having a wedding in the winter? We’re obsessed with the idea of a Hot Cocoa bar with peppermint, hazelnut and salted caramel flavors.
7. Keep these cheesecake favors chilled for a delicious and portable dessert your guests can take with them!
8. These honey favors are a crowd favorite. Use local honey to celebrate your wedding location!
These ideas are just meant to bee! Are you incorporating any milk or honey elements into your wedding? Let us know in the comments below!