The Winter 2014 Olympic Games are here and in between watching the ice skating competitions and drinking white russian cocktails, we’ve been dreaming of winning the gold — gold weddings that is. Gold is on trend this year and is popping up everywhere in Jewish weddings, from ketubot adorned with gold leaf to the cake. Below we’ve compiled a list of our favorite gold accents that will help your wedding deserve that gilded first place medal.
1. Gold wedding jewelry. For a long time, brides and grooms chose white gold or platinum for their wedding bands, but yellow and rose golds are now sneaking their way back onto the ring finger.
2. Golden chuppahs. Gilded branches, golden posts, shimmery fabrics — the possibilities are endless.
3. Golden ketubot. The ketubah, the Jewish marriage contract, is a true work of art when it is adorned with gold leaf or metallic gold ink.
4. Gold kippot. Whether you provide glam golden kippot for your guests or pick gold thread as a more subtle accent, your guests will love to take these home. You can even inscribe your names and wedding date on the inside in gold ink!
5. Gold wedding favors. You can even sneak gold into the wedding favors, with these sweet golden honey jars that are meant to bee.
6. Gold wedding cake. We have been obsessed with this wedding cake, made with edible gilded fondant, since we laid eyes on it. Not sure you want to commit to all gold? Consider buying or renting a gilded cake stand or cake topper.
7. Gold table decor. From table numbers, to gilded diningware, to the candles and flower arrangements, there are so many ways you can bring golden accents into your decor.
8. Gold wedding shoes. This is one of our favorite ways to bring gold into the bridal wardrobe. Almost every major designer has a gilded pair of shoes worthy of your wedding. How incredible are these Valentinos?!
Are you incorporating gold into your wedding in another way? Let us know in the comments below!
Thank you Brittany for posting the Jennifer Raichman Ketubah! I keep coming back to this blog post and I want to add it to my blog!